Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Liberally Sauced



I went to elementary school with a girl who lived in this house. Her name was Erin. She was also in my brownie troop, which her mother was the troop leader of. If I remember correctly, Erin was a bit of a little cunt with a holier than thou attitude about the rest of us girls. She corrected us when we spoke and gave us advice on how to look better, or rather, to better cover our flaws. Erin's father was the head fireman in our neighborhood. I remember him looking like he was on T.V. when the rest of us looked like just that; the rest of us. Erin was pretty with red hair, and had a pair of diamond earrings in the second grade. Marilyn, her mother, and my brownie troop leader had a nasty temper and a bit of a tendency to hit the sauce a little too often. She would come to our troop meeting liberally sauced and hold nothing back when it came to berating Erin's physical appearance and abilities in front of the clan of little lasses. Eventually my mother and Nancy (the mother of another brownie, Dana) took control of the operation. Erin always seemed relieved after that.

1 comment:

AT said...

i like this concept and what you've written.